Why not visit the actual website, you jerk?

Hugs and kisses, LividFiction. ;)

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jump back, run forward.

I.

Hey, remember when I thought The Brothers Chaps would start updating Homestar Runner again in Spring 2011? That was a good one, wasn't it? (Spoiler alert: They didn't. The site hasn't been updated since 22 December 2010.)

Back when I thought 2011 would see the end of The Great Homestar Runner Hiatus, I said TBC were working on a "feature film" called Monster Safari. Other than that blog post and a clip on the production company's website, I haven't been able to find anything about the cartoon. That doesn't mean Mike and Matt haven't been doing things. Or at least it doesn't mean that Matt hasn't, because he's been writing and directing for Yo Gabba Gabba! and The Aquabats! Super Show!, and occasionally working on Gravity Falls.

Seeing as it's been two years since the last update to Homestar Runner, and three years since its last regular update, I hold out zero hope for there to be future updates, or at least for there to be semi-regular ones. Last February the Wiki posted a photo from one of Matt's tweets teasing an eventual new sbemail, and that's about it. I think they'll do one big-ish toon, or maybe a handful of emails, but not for quite a while. My advice? If you want HSR updates to resume, lobby for all the shows Matt's working on to be cancelled. (Spoiler alert: That was a joke. Please don't.)

II.

On my end of things, apparently the Text Listing's XHTML is no longer valid. I used a downloadable program in Mac OS X that was a port of HTML Tidy, which port was written for PowerPC (including the bash script of it), and because I'm running Lion, I can no longer run PowerPC programs, only Universal Binaries or those written for Intel. (Though I just saw there's a Java version, so I might give that a go.) I used to be able to do valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional by hand, but because I haven't written HTML by hand regularly since high school, not so much anymore.

There are a few things I want to change on the Text Listing, all of which are minor:
  • Get rid of the "Oh happy day!" text banner underneath the site's name and tagline.
  • Change the blog's name to The Homestar Runner Text Listing: The Blog underneath the Welcome list.
  • Get rid of the Newest addition(s) section, because the toon listed there is two years old.
  • Get rid of the superscript (NEW) preceding the title of "A Decemberween Mackerel" in its spot in its table.
  • Clean up episode titles and descriptions to match my current style of capitalization and grammar.
Other than that, everything's pretty much dead. Graduated, dumped, and hours cut, what else is there to do but come back to an old project and finish it up? Though the fact that Freehostia appears to have bastardized my code, combined with my not having an old copy of the index page on my hard drive, will make it a bit more interesting.

No comments:

The Homestar Runner Text Listing and its blog are a PARKXVI project.
Copyright © 2005–13 LividFiction.

About Me